Creative director behind ‘Monica Toretto – photography’, with a 20 year photography background, Monica Toretto graduated with a Bachelor in Fashion (Design & Technology) in 2018, adding another creative strand to her artistic reservoir.
Ms Toretto started photography in the equine industry and that quickly blossomed into a passion for sport photography in general.
Monica is the match-day photographer for Southland’s professional basketball team, Zero Fees Southland Sharks; Southland Football and Southern Pro Wrestling.
Additionally she is the race-day photographer for Southern Harness Racing Inc, Otago Racing Club, Gallop South, Oamaru Jockey Club & Southland Racing Club, as well as a contributing race photographer for Harness Racing New Zealand, Love Racing, Harness Express & Stuff Ltd.
Monica has photographed on commission at a local, national and international level with images appearing in print and electronically, for various businesses, clubs, associations, community organizations & events (including those listed below), past & present.
Using mainly natural light, her style of photography suits environmental portraiture and fashion shoots where the focus is on creating a piece of art worth treasuring and telling the subject’s story without too many words, a trait she repeats with her sport photography ~ by seeing things from a different perspective.
As a fashion designer, Monica likes to design and produce creative, unique and one of kind garments which are often used in creative concept photo shoots. Due to their nature, these garments aren’t mass produced but can be purchased in the size & colors seen in the photographs only – if you are interested in these garments, please email email@example.com.
Ms Toretto also enjoys designing for film and theatre or for that ultra special occasion ~ such as runway shows.
Fashion awards & recognition:
* 2017 Frost Textile Top Production Student (Southern Institute of Technology, Bachelor of Fashion Year 2).
* 2018 Sport Apparel Designer – 2018 Official playing shirt for the Southland Stags Rugby 1st team.
* 2018 2nd Runner Up – FibreOctave Wearable Art Show.
* 2019 Film Costume & Wardrobe – “M.U.M”, film by Neon Shrimp Productions.
* 2019 Costume Designer – Invercargill Musical Theatre’s production of “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” , characters “The Baron” and ‘The Baroness” – nominated for Best Wardrobe at the 2020 Otago Southland Theatre Awards.
* 2019 Film Costume & Wardrobe – “The Defector”, film by Marcus Beirowski.
* 2020 Costume Designer – Bonnie & Clyde concept photo-shoot.
* 2021 – “Colors of Life” designer showcase (solo designer), fashion runway show, Invercargill.
tel: 0204 113 9512